First in Category-Young Adult Fantasy

First in Category-Young Adult Fantasy
Dante Rossetti Award

Friday, October 8, 2010

COFFEE HOUSE MUSE

Enjoyed a good "coffee house workshop" with the usual suspects from my writers group. Achieved a good four hours input, with 3 or 4 breaks for "speculative" conversation and laughs. Then... my creative wheels just started spinning. It's like my characters were on a union break or something; milling around the set without any direction. Time to pack 'er up and head home.

During the course of getting dinner organized, I was suddenly mentally re-organizing the last scene and kept running over to the desk to jot down notes. If Bill noticed the Zombie glaze I'd get over my eyes when thinking about scene reorganizing, he refrained from commenting (or perhaps he's getting used to the times I'm afflicted with distraction).

I'm determined I'm going to let the story cool a bit before I haul it out again, but I know tomorrow I'll be on a roll again.

1 comment :

  1. Good for you, Sandy! I'm glad to hear it's flowing! I look forward to the day when I can join you folks at the coffee shop - I bet you all have a hoot (and remain very productive, of course!!)

    ReplyDelete