First in Category-Young Adult Fantasy

First in Category-Young Adult Fantasy
Dante Rossetti Award

Friday, October 1, 2010

MY FLIGHT TO WRITE...

I ran away to one of the local coffee shops this morning...my flight to write.

Why, you may ask, when I have a perfectly good desk at home, complete with comfy chair?

Well, it's amazing how a different environment (ie: away from the laundry room, garden that needs winterizing, and yes, the guilt I feel when husband wanders by and sighs, "What'cha doin'now?")

Yes, I bundled Guilt into a dark closet to be dealt with later and I settled into a corner at Serious Coffee with a large mug of 'Coal Miner's Blend', flipped open the laptop and heaved a tremulous sigh--will the words come? They did! I'll have lots of editing to do...later...but forced myself to keep it going for two hours. Progress!

Returned home happy and at peace with myself, until tomorrow at least.

No comments :

Post a Comment